We have exactly 21 days until Hurricane Season starts. Everyone that is effected by hurricanes will be out shopping for all this stuff very soon to prepare for our up coming season, including myself. With that being said, I present you with my Hurricane Supply Kit.
1. Water - at least 1 gallon daily per person for 3 days
2. Food - at least enough for 3 days
- non-perishable packaged or canned food/juices
- food for infants or the elderly
- snack foods
- non-electric can opener
- cooking tools/fuel
- paper plates/plastic utensils
3. Clothing - seasonal/rain gear/sturdy shoes
4. Blankets/Pillows, ect.
5. First Aid Kit/Medicines
-prescription and non-prescription medications
-glasses, dentures, hearing aids, etc.
6. Special Items - for babies and elderly
7. Toiletries - Hygiene items
10. Radio - battery operated and NOAA weather radio
11. Important Documents in a waterproof container
- insurance, medical records, bank account numbers, social security card, ect.
- Document all valuables
12. Vehicle Fuel Tanks Filled
13. Pet Care Items
- proper identification/immunization records
- ample supply of food and water
- a carrier or cage
- muzzle and leash
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂs easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants